European University Cyprus is committed to promoting green policies for campus and the environment through the EUC environmental committee which has been established since April of 2013. The committee consists of faculty, staff, student representatives and many volunteers. The terms of reference for the environmental committee are the following:
- Provide advice at the EUC administration on environmental issues.
- Submission of proposals and implementation of actions for improvement of environmental conditions of work and study at European University Cyprus.
- Promotion of actions for its “green” policy and networking with related authorities for implementation of environmental priorities.
- Promotion of environmental awareness, development of proposals and materials.
- Establish indicators and targets for sustainability that will enable monitoring, reporting and continuous improvement.
The active members of the Environmental Committee are the following:
- Michalis Mavros – HSE & Security Specialist – Committee Coordinator
- Marianna Dayioukla – Business Development Specialist, CEO’s Office
- Maria Christodoulou – Events Specialist
- Maria Tramountanelli – Administrative Support, Human Resources Department
- Maria Koliandri – Administrative Support, Human Resources Department
- A Student Representative that is chosen each semester from a different School.
Environmental Committee has also a consulting team which is consisting of the following academic personnel of EUC & Cyprus College:
- Dr. Elpida – Niki Emmanouil – Nikolousi – Professor, Histology – Embryology, School of Medicine
- Dr. Chrysoulla Thodi – Associate Professor, Audiology, School of Sciences
- Dr. Mary Eleftheriadou – Dean, Associate Professor, Microbiology, School of Sciences
- Dr. Loucas Louca – Associate Professor, Education Sciences, School of Humanities, Social and Education Sciences
- Mr. Nicos Sozos – Instructor, Social Work, School of Humanities, Social and Education Sciences
- Mr. Athanasios Maimaris – Instructor, Computer Science, Cyprus College.
Website Administrator: Mr. Andreas Ioannou – Project Manager, Department of Information Systems & Operations.